Singapore food Reviews, Comforting Home Recipes and Game Guides!

Sunday, July 03, 2016

McDonald’s Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Burger, Twist & Shake Fries & Gula Melaka McFlurry Food Review!


McDonald's Singapore challenges itself to the taste buds of Singaporeans in a whole new level- in terms of packaging, Singlish and its new limited time offerings! This promotion is offered from 30 June 2016 for a limited time only. I passed by McDonald's during Noon and saw that the queues were really long and decided to head down after mid-night so that i can skip those queues. Nonetheless, McDonalds seemed to be fully crowded with people as well and I was lucky to find myself a seat to take photos!

Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Burger

Wow. When I saw this promotion as well as the long queues forming, I thought I definitely have to give it a try. Who doesn't love Salted Egg Yolk combination? I thought you could never go wrong with Salted Egg Yolk!


Pardon me for the lighting though as it was really late and the seat that I found did not have very fantastic lighting. :X 


Huge slap of Salted Egg Yolk on the burger and it got me really happy to see that initially! Except to find out that mine doesn't have curry leaves as i guess they ran out of stocks >.<

How McDonald's describes it: Breaded whole-muscle chicken topped with mouth-watering salted egg yolk flavoured sauce and finished with crunchy lettuce and fragrant curry leaves. All tucked between a black pepper and white sesame bun.
My Verdict: The Chicken patty tastes and look the same as the patty in McSpicy except without the spiciness- chicken by itself taste okay. The combination with the salted egg yolk wasn't really fantastic as the salted egg yolk tastes more sweet than salty. It tasted more like sweet custard than authentic salted egg yolk. 


Don't Say 'Bo Jio'
Banana Pie




How McDonald's describes it: Delicious flaky crust filled with warm banana bits. It’s simply ‘sedap’!
My Verdict: I feel that the taste is acceptable given its warmness and the rich fillings. However, the taste of banana seems artificial though. I would still head down to authentic goreng pisang stalls for goreng pisang cravings. :)

Do You 'Jiak Kantang?'
Twist and Shake Fries

How McDonald's describes it: Crispy, golden curly fries dusted with tantalising salt and pepper crab flavoured shaker. Indulge in this new irresistible treat!My Verdict: Personally I feel that Twister fries has this unique salty and spicy flavor to it. I added the shaker to normal fries instead and it definitely tasted better than its combination with Twister fries!

Guka Melaka



How McDonald's describes it: Velvety vanilla soft serve swirled with gula melaka flavoured syrup and delicious layer cake bites. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this luscious dessert!
My Verdict: The best creation of all in this series! The layered cake bites looks like kueh lapis but it is hard instead of soft. Its crunchiness accompanied with the soft serve ice cream was pefect!

Overall: Worth to head down just to give it a try. 

I would not go back for second serving though (^0^)// I still prefer McSpicy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

PixelTreats

Contact Me

For any enquiries, please email to pixeltreats2016@gmail.com

Thank you.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Pixel Treats | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes